At the International Study Centre
Developing your skills for academic and professional success is our priority at the International Study Centre.
CareerAhead will help you become an independent learner with the confidence to progress to Royal Holloway, University of London and develop skills for your career. There will be CareerAhead activities running alongside your pathway programme. They will identify your personal qualities and develop your skills to support future plans.
Skills for career success
The International Study Centre offers a safe and supportive environment that will help you identify, practise and develop your employability skills, increasing your understanding of yourself and the world of work. CareerAhead provides you with a variety of learning opportunities, such as:
- Personal evaluation and reflection
- Industry and business research
- Individual and group work.
How will CareerAhead help you?
- Identify your strengths, weaknesses and areas to focus on to be successful
- Acquire knowledge about the “world of work”
- Undertake self-reflection and take action to improve
- Create a compelling CV, LinkedIn profile or personal statement that stand out from the crowd
- Create a Personal Development Plan to take with you if you join Royal Holloway.
At the University
Once you are student at Royal Holloway, you will have the full support of Career Consultants and resources at the University’s Careers & Employability Service.
To further enhance your career prospects, you can take part in the Royal Holloway Passport Award. This is a University-run initiative aimed at developing your career skills. This will give you a competitive edge when searching for a graduate job.