Study in the UK under one visa with our International Year One and Pre-Masters Programme

Posted 29 January 2021
Student revising at Royal Holloway

The International Study Centre and Royal Holloway, University of London have now been approved by UKVI to issue an integrated CAS (iCAS) – so students can study their pathway programme and university degree under a combined visa.

This new development is hugely beneficial for students looking to study abroad. With only one visa necessary for the duration of your studies, you can save time and money with no requirement to return home between your programmes.

Studying under a combined visa has the added benefit of not requiring you to take any additional IELTS test before progressing on to your degree – making it a seamless transition from the International Study Centre to the University.* An iCAS is also ideal for students who have exceeded their two years of pre-degree study in the UK.

You will also have the benefit of being able to work up to 20 hours a week on this visa, allowing you to gain valuable work experience before graduating.

iCAS at the Royal Holloway International Study Centre

iCAS for our Pre-Masters Programme will be available from March 2021, whereas our International Year One will offer iCAS from September 2021. Both these programmes lead to a range of degrees at the top-ranking Royal Holloway, University of London – ranked in the top 25 by The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021.

You can find out more information on your progression opportunities our programmes on the relevant programme pages.

* IELTS or equivalent required. Alternatives accepted include TOEFL iBT, Pearson, IGCSE, IB, HKDSE, India HSC (recognised board), Malaysia SPM, WAEC.

Find out more about starting your studies or check the latest COVID-19 information.