Student accommodation at Royal Holloway International Study Centre

Living and studying with other students from around the world is a huge part of the amazing student experience you will have at Royal Holloway.

You can choose to live in University-managed accommodation or in rental accommodation you have arranged yourself.

You should aim to secure your accommodation before arriving in the UK. This will prevent difficulties with confirming your course at immigration.

University-managed accommodation

Living in Halls will help you get the most out of your Royal Holloway student experience. Great friendships are forged in University Halls, and a dedicated team of residential staff are there to look after you. They will make sure you have a safe and comfortable home throughout your studies.


All rooms have internet access, a desk and chair, a desk lamp, a bookshelf, a wardrobe and a single bed with a mattress. You will also receive a mattress protector, a single duvet and two pillows with two under-pillowcases.

Band B – Runnymede

  • Located on the south side of campus, near the sports field
  • Apartments with six to eight single study bedrooms (mixed male and female)
  • Self-catered, with well-equipped, shared kitchens (bring your own kitchenware)
  • On-campus laundry

Bands C and E – Kingswood Hall (I and II)

  • Located one mile from the main campus, in a former monastery in the village of Englefield Green
  • Catered-pay-as-you-go dining including discounts for Hall residents and shared pantries for making hot drinks and snacks
  • Facilities include a student bar with a strong community feel; a TV/common room; squash courts; a laundry; a computer room with internet access
  • Free bus service to the main campus, or a 20-minute walk
  • Single-sex corridors, and mixed or single-sex apartments available

How much will my accommodation cost?

Band 2018/19 price
Accommodation type 
B £160.05 Premium Single, ensuite room
£144.70 Single, ensuite room
E £109.56 to £114.65 Single with/without sink and shared bathroom

Visit to find out more.

How do I book my room?

  1. Request accommodation when you apply for the International Study Centre.*
  2. Confirm your place at the International Study Centre. The accommodation team will then contact you with your University Student ID and an invitation to apply for accommodation online.
  3. Apply for accommodation online. The University will then send you a room offer.
  4. Accept the room offer by signing and returning the Occupancy Agreement to the University and making all due payments. Please read Royal Holloway University of London’s terms & conditions and accommodation cancellation policy.

To find out about our current options, contact the International Study Centre Accommodation team at

*Accommodation is subject to availability. The cost shown is intended as a guide only and subject to change. The cost of your room will be confirmed in the tenancy agreement.

Independently arranged accommodation

You can also find your own long or short-term accommodation. If you are under 18 at the start of your course, and you want to arrange your own accommodation, you will need to provide your address to the Admissions Centre. Students over the age of 18 are also encouraged to provide the Admissions Centre with their private address details.

What our students say

“I live in the Founder’s Building in a double room with a UK student, so I can practice my English, make friends and learn about the local culture.”

Xin from China studied the Art, Media, Film and Music pathway