Two students using a desktop computer

Contact us

We’re here to help 

Here are the answers to some common questions.


We offer a variety of pathway programmes, from undergraduate to postgraduate level: choose from the International Foundation Year, International Year One, Pre-Masters Programme or online programmes. Each programme allows you to progress to a degree at Royal Holloway. Choose a programme that is right for you, based on your educational history.

If you want to study at Royal Holloway International Study Centre, you need to meet our academic and English language entry requirements.

If you need to improve your language skills, you can join an English language preparation course before starting your programme.

Our expert teachers will deliver face-to-face teaching, supported by an online hub and other online resources. At the International Study Centre, you can expect classes of no more than 25 students. You will be assigned a Personal Tutor who is there to support you every step of the way to help you to stay on track to progress to the University.

We offer a free online preparation course, Prepare for Success, to help you gain a head-start before you start your academic programme.


You can find out more about the cost of your course on our fees page. Please note that you should also take into consideration additional costs, such as accommodation and general living costs such as food and transport.

Fees for accommodation vary, depending on where you choose to stay and how long you stay for.


Royal Holloway’s halls of residence offers a range of options to suit every budget. Visit our accommodation page for more information.

If you are booking your own accommodation, in order to make the most of your student experience and focus on your studies, we recommend that live close to the Centre. You must live within a 60 minute commutable distance of the Centre.

You can book your accommodation after you have accepted your offer of a place and have paid your confirmation payment.

Student Services will contact you with more information.

Enhanced Induction

The 3-week Enhanced Induction programme is designed to help you settle into your new home in the UK before commencing your main pathway programme in January. The Enhanced Induction focuses on three key areas that will help you succeed on your academic programme: language, life and learning skills.

Find out more about what to expect here.

There are no additional tuition fees to pay. However, there will be additional costs to consider, as expected with being in the UK for a longer period including living costs and accommodation. You can request accommodation on your application form, our Central Student Support Team will contact you directly about the options available.

No, this will be available face-to-face only. You must be in the UK ready to start the Enhanced Induction on the first day of the semester.


Yes. You need a Student visa to study in the UK. Find out more information on the visa process.

First, you need to apply for a programme at Royal Holloway International Study Centre. When you receive an offer of a place, you should accept it by paying your deposit and Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) payment. Once you receive your CAS, you can then start the visa application process online.

You can receive your Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) up to 6 months before your course start date (3 months if you are in the UK). You can then start the process of applying for your visa. Make sure to meet all relevant deadlines so there is enough time for your visa to be processed before you need to travel to the UK.

Where are we located?

Royal Holloway International Study Centre
Highfield Rd
Englefield Green
TW20 0EX

Still have questions?

Ask us a question using our online enquiry form and we'll get back to you shortly.

Enquire now

Join us today

Our Student Enrolment Advisors are available to answer any questions you may have and help you with your application. We can't wait to meet you!