Living in Egham
Royal Holloway, University of London is located in Egham, Surrey, in the southeast of England. Egham is a small, quiet town with a rich history and a friendly community for students.
Living in Egham, you will have the benefit of being only 40 minutes away from London by train, but enjoy leafy surroundings and be close to nature. The campus is a vibrant 135-acre estate, where everything you need is a short walk away.
International destinations are also on your doorstep. Explore other European countries flying from Heathrow Airport, which is only 15 minutes away by car from the University.
Things to do in Surrey
Egham is a small and traditional town which has a lot to offer to international students. The close-knit community makes you feel like you belong, and natural surroundings allow you to explore the English countryside and culture.
Places to visit in Egham
In Egham, you have both history and nature on your doorstep. Visit:
- Magna Carta Monument, where one of the most important documents for modern democracy was signed in 1215
- Windsor Castle built in the 11th century, associated with the British Royal Family and outstanding architecture
- Windsor Great Park, a 4,800-acre park managed by the Crown Estate with green fields, parks, waterfall, and visitors' centres
- Air Forces Memorial, dedicated to the lives lost in the First World War
- Egham Museum, displaying various historical and archaeological discoveries from the area
- The banks of the Thames, where a walk by the River Thames is the perfect day out.
The campus is a walking distance from the town of Egham, south west of London, and a 40-minute train ride to central London. Our central location and fast transport links mean you can go on day trips and discover the local area.
London brings one of the biggest entertainment scenes to you. You can watch world-famous performances, shop at the most popular places, and explore vibrant markets in different City boroughs. You can also benefit from 1/3 off rail fares if you buy a 16-25 Railcard, making your journey to the capital easy and affordable.
If you want a quieter place to relax, stay locally and enjoy the peace that nature brings. There are many places to visit in Egham, which is a town with picturesque surroundings, lakes, and parks.
Historic campus with modern buildings
The campus comprises old and beautiful buildings like the Founder's Building. Others were built more recently with modern student needs in mind. You can study, live, and socialise in one place – all student facilities are on campus, making sure you have everything you need for an exciting student life.