Tuition fees for postgraduate students at the International Study Centre
Below you can find the current fees for postgraduate programmes taught at Royal Holloway International Study Centre. These include tuition and insurance costs, with any optional costs, like airport transit, listed below.
Please see our Online Accelerated Pre-Masters Programme fees page for fees related to that course.
|Pathways||Duration||Total fees 2021/22||Total fees 2022/23|
|Business and Management||2 terms||£14,800||£14,900|
|Computer Science, Electronic Engineering and Information Security||£15,100||£15,250|
|Social Science, Arts and Humanities||£13,900||£13,950|
|English language programme|
|English for Pre-Masters||1 term||£5,000||£5,000|
2022/23 fees are valid after 31st January 2022 for any programme that commences after 1st September 2022. Confirm your place before 31st January 2022 to receive 2021/22 fees.
|Additional fees and costs||Fees 2021/22|
|StudyCare Insurance Plus (12 month-cover)||£8.00 per week (to cover duration of course)|
|Police registration (if required)||Please visit the Gov.uk pages to read more about Police Registration|
|Immigration Health Surcharge||Please visit the Gov.uk pages to read more about how much you need to pay|
|Airport (one way)||Price 2021/22|
When are your fees due?
- Once you have received an offer of a place at the International Study Centre, to secure your place you will need to return a signed acceptance form and a confirmation payment. The confirmation payment consists of:
- £235 Enrolment Fee (non-refundable)
- £1,000 Deposit
- Insurance payment for StudyCare if applicable.
- On receipt of your signed acceptance form and the confirmation payment, we will send you your:
- Confirmation pack
- Student Statement document.
- Prior to enrolment (and before you apply for your Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (‘CAS’)) you will also need to pay £6,000 in advance tuition fees.
- Once the CAS has been issued, and before arrival at the Centre, you will be required to pay:
- The balance of the first two terms’ fees
- Your accommodation fees (if applicable) as set out on your individualised payment plan on your offer letter.
After arriving at the centre the remaining balance of your tuition fees can be paid 28 days before the start date of the second academic term, or in full in advance.
For full information about fees and refunds read our Terms and Conditions.
Make a payment
Visit our how to pay page to find out how to make a payment.
All international students should have accidental and medical insurance for the duration of their time in the UK. This will make you feel more secure because not having a proper protection can be extremely difficult and expensive.
You can take out our own StudyCare Insurance Plus policy or alternative cover with a third party. The StudyCare Insurance Plus policy covers loss of personal possessions as well as providing health and medical insurance. It is specifically designed for international students’ needs while studying abroad, and covers you until the end of your course.
Please let your admissions advisor know if you would like to buy our StudyCare Insurance Plus.
Royal Holloway International Study Centre Progression Scholarship
Royal Holloway International Study Centre students who successfully complete their pathway programme and progress on to Royal Holloway, University of London, will receive the Royal Holloway International Study Centre Progression Scholarship. The Progression Scholarship is 10% of the student’s first year tuition fees and is to reward students for all of their hard work and efforts during their pathway course
Terms and Conditions applicable to the Progression Scholarship
- The Progression Scholarship is subject to completing the pathway programme at the Royal Holloway International Study Centre and to achieving requisite final grades in the programme studied.
- The Progression Scholarship is only available to self-funded international fee paying students joining Royal Holloway, University of London.
- The Progression Scholarship is only available to students who progress to full time degrees at Royal Holloway, University of London.
- The Progression Scholarship will be applied automatically only to those students who meet the above criteria.
- The value of the award will be 10% of the first year tuition fees only and will be calculated and discounted by Royal Holloway, University of London as part of overall fees due in the first year.
- Where the offer of a Progression Scholarship has been made to a student by Royal Holloway, University of London, who has met the above criteria, it will be guaranteed, including in respect of students who defer their degree place for periods up to 1 year. Subject to that, Royal Holloway reserves the right generally to discontinue the offer of Progression Scholarships at any time.
How to pay
Access and pay your tuition fees securely via our online platform. We accept most forms of payment and you only need your student ID to access your account.Pay today
International Study Centre
Royal Holloway International Study Centre prepares you to join the University. Studying here will give you the essential academic and learning skills you need to succeed.Get the knowledge